A Japanese Fire Drill


A Japanese woman was left severely injured after a surgical laser ignited her flatulence.

A patient has been left badly burnt after she farted during surgery and caused a laser to burst into flames.

The unnamed woman, in her 30s, was undergoing surgery at Tokyo Medical University Hospital which involved a laser being applied to her cervix.

But as the operation was being carried out in the Shinjuku Ward she passed wind – sparking a fire. She was left screaming in agony after the fire burnt most of her body, waist and legs. (H/T – Loki)

One would assume this is a common malady in Mexico, but Japan? I was given water and ice chips before my abdominal surgery. Apparently Japan offers its patients beans. Come to think of it, this would explain Godzilla’s fiery breath.

4 thoughts on “A Japanese Fire Drill

  1. Wow, one more thing to add to the surgery consent form. “Not responsible for impairments caused by patient’s flatulence during surgery. “


  2. I sometimes read a blog written by an American that moved to Japan to become a teacher & he also has a side business selling interesting items that the Japanese consider cool. One of his articles was talking about how “backed-up” they get over there due to the amount of rice in their diet. Either way, this poor woman had a “$hitty day”…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s