A Japanese Fire Drill


A Japanese woman was left severely injured after a surgical laser ignited her flatulence.

A patient has been left badly burnt after she farted during surgery and caused a laser to burst into flames.

The unnamed woman, in her 30s, was undergoing surgery at Tokyo Medical University Hospital which involved a laser being applied to her cervix.

But as the operation was being carried out in the Shinjuku Ward she passed wind – sparking a fire. She was left screaming in agony after the fire burnt most of her body, waist and legs. (H/T – Loki)

One would assume this is a common malady in Mexico, but Japan? I was given water and ice chips before my abdominal surgery. Apparently Japan offers its patients beans. Come to think of it, this would explain Godzilla’s fiery breath.