Burning Down The House

A Florida family is without a home after the residence burned down on New Year’s Day. Of course, being Florida, there is always a catch.

Members of Clay County Fire Rescue were called to the house fire in Oakleaf just before 1:30 a.m., according to a post on the organization’s Facebook page.

Four people were in the home when the fire broke out, firefighters say. Everyone was able to get out safely and there were no reported injuries. The family is now working with the Red Cross for temporary housing.

Firefighters say they determined the cause of the fire was hot fireworks that were disposed of in a garage trash can.

How do people not know to douse their used fireworks in water? Cripes, we have the kids put their sparklers into a bucket and let them sit there overnight.